A 'Debriefing Mission Workers' training day for Mission Agency Staff and Sending Church Mission Coordinators. This debriefing course/model has been developed by Dr. Debbie Hawker and is designed to be delivered with your field workers in 3 hrs.
The training takes a full day and will be held at Belfast Bible College on the 25th Oct. 2017. Places are restricted and will be allocated on a first come basis.
The total cost of the day will be £20 for MAP members, £30 for others (Early Bird £5 off before 25th September) and will include handouts.
Debriefing Mission Workers
The day will provide systematic training in the steps of debriefing for mission workers.
- Debriefing after traumatic incidents
- Steps of routine debriefing (e.g. end of assignment)
- Recognising and responding to signs of stress and trauma
- Characteristics of a good debriefer
- When to debrief
- How long should debriefing take?
- How to avoid debriefing causing harm
- Role-plays of debriefing
- Debriefing at a distance (e.g. by internet and phone)
- Warning signs: Recognising trauma symptoms, burnout, depression and other problems
- When and how to refer on?
- Support and supervision, and managing your own stress as you offer support
By the end of the workshop participants will have enhanced their skills in:
- Effective routine debriefing at the end of assignments
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing after traumatic incidents or evacuation
- Recognising when and how to refer people for further help