A “Debriefing Mission Workers” training day for Mission Agency Staff and Sending Church Mission Coordinators. This debriefing course/model has been developed by Dr. Debbie Hawker and is designed to be delivered with your field workers in 3 hrs.
The training takes a full day and will be held at Belfast Bible College on the 25th Oct. 2017. Places are restricted and will be allocated on a first come basis.
The total cost of the day will be £20 for MAP members, £30 for others (Early Bird £5 off before 25th September) and will include handouts.
Debriefing Mission Workers
The day will provide systematic training in the steps of debriefing for mission workers.
· Debriefing after traumatic incidents
· Steps of routine debriefing (e.g. end of assignment)
· Recognising and responding to signs of stress and trauma
· Characteristics of a good debriefer
· When to debrief
· How long should debriefing take?
· How to avoid debriefing causing harm
· Role-plays of debriefing
· Debriefing at a distance (e.g. by internet and phone)
· Warning signs: Recognising trauma symptoms, burnout, depression and other problems
· When and how to refer on?
· Support and supervision, and managing your own stress as you offer support
By the end of the workshop participants will have enhanced their skills in:
- Effective routine debriefing at the end of assignments
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing after traumatic incidents or evacuation
- Recognising when and how to refer people for further help