Media reports on the possibility of some high profile trustees facing bans on being directors keeps focus on the increasing responsibilities and regulations in the charity sector. However, while that aspect of the work is very important, it can sometimes appear as the main duty taking precedence over setting vision, researching the external environment and developing strategies. Both are needed.
This forum meeting will look at
- Responsibilities and duties of a trustee
- Policies needed by a board
- Relationship with Charity Commission
- Developing a clear strategy
- Board effectiveness and evaluation
- Recruiting good trustees
- Providing robust challenge to a management team without managing
The meeting starts at 11.00am (refreshments from 10.45am) and finishes at 4.00pm. The cost is £20 to people from GC member agencies and churches. Cost for non GC members is £50. Refreshments and lunch are included in the price. Please complete the form below to book your place.