The Mission Educators Forum brings together those involved in mission education in colleges and training establishments from across the UK. It is a new group and meets annually each summer for a residential event.
It provides a unique opportunity to explore issues affecting educators and to learn from each other. It aims to provide mutual encouragement and stimulation to mission educators, as well as providing access to ongoing resources and networking opportunities for those involved. The events are normally by invitation only for mission educators from training bodies.
The forum meets annualy and explores topics and shared resources in various areas such as:
- How we can integrate practical preparation and formation with academic rigour?
- Teaching other religions within the context of educating for mission
- Mission to Western culture
- Approaches to teaching mission in today’s UK context
- Key trends in mission education
- The influence of Bosch on mission education
The planning team consists of Ian Kirby (Moorlands College), Tim Davy (Redcliffe College), Warren Beattie (allnations), and administered by Global Connections.
For more information contact Laura Prime.