Notes for calculation of assessable income
Global Connections brings together many different agencies with a diversity of ways of working. That diversity is often a reflection of different historical backgrounds, church affiliations and functions.
It is also reflected in the way in which an agency handles its financial affairs. For example, some make public appeals, others do not. Some pool all of their income, others have developed a highly personalised system of support for their missionaries. Some spend most of their income on projects, others on people.
To try to be fair to all, we have devised the following guidelines for calculating your contributions. Please base your calculations on your latest audited or examined annual accounts. Contact us if you need further guidance.
Income which should be included:
- Donation Income, including gifts for the support of personnel and ongoing projects
- Income directly related to the activities of the charity
- Investment income and interest
Income which should be excluded:
- Gifts towards one off capital projects of a non-routine nature
- Gifts with a specific restriction of a non-regular type;
- Gifts which are of an unusually large amount which distort the income trend