While the role of the local church in mission has always been vital, the dramatic changes that are taking place in the world around us, as well as in the nature of mission mean that local churches are now becoming more directly involved in shaping what that will look like.
Global Connections has a unique role to play by acting as a strategic link between churches and agencies. We can draw on a wealth of experience and expertise from within the network as we seek to address the key ongoing challenges in mission as well as providing debate opportunities on how best to tackle some of the emerging issues. Our vision is to see mission at the heart of the church, the church at the heart of mission.
A church which belongs to the GC network says:
- We are committed to the gospel of Christ, which can change individuals and communities across the world.
- We want to be involved in mission that makes a difference.
- We want to contribute through our experience and initiative to the current changes in mission.
- We want to learn from others.
- We want to get better and more effective at what we do in mission.
- We want to support others that share our vision.