From Field to Fruit to Force
Historically, Muslim communities have been seen as a mission field from which some fruit has been observed. In this era, such believers have become visibly active participants in Christian work. This forum endeavours to explore what is happening in a variety of contexts and ask:
- how can we - Christ's followers - encourage and facilitate more?
- what distinctive contributions are brought by those from different ethnic, national and religious backgrounds?
- where can some go that others cannot, geographically and online?
- what does everyone need from those with different backgrounds?
- are existing churches, fellowships, organisations, et al being transformed or are new ones being formed?
- what terminology should be used? (e.g. this paragraph avoids use of we and they)
Our desire is that our considerations be led by people from Muslim backgrounds augmented by stories of those close to ex-Muslims that are active in ministry. The Steering Group are approaching a number of possible such contributors and are open to further suggestions.
This topic seeks to build on a number of recent developments concerning Muslims turning to Christ including: (a) the CRIB conference in September 2019 entitled “From a trickle to a stream to a flood”; (b) the emergence of a global network of BMBs initiated at the Vision 5:9 event in autumn 2017; and (c) a programme initiated by Tim Green and Pat Brittenden to pro-actively promote the development of new discipleship resources which complement existing courses and materials.
The Global Connections Muslim World Forum continues to examine issues which are relevant to the work and activities of agencies and churches engaging with Muslims around the world and locally.
The day will include speakers, discussion, and time for prayer and networking.
The meeting starts with refreshments (tea and coffee) at 11:30am and finishes at 4:00pm.
The cost is £15 to people from GC member agencies and churches, or £45 for non GC members - payment is to be made in advance to secure your booking. Drinks are included in the price but please bring your own lunch.