MAP membership is available for mission organisations, funding agencies and colleges who are in agreement with Statement of Faith and Basis of Cooperation.
We’re delighted that you are considering joining MAP and hope you find the application process to be simple. Please see below for further information!
So why should we join MAP?
We thought that the best people to answer this question would be our existing members. Here’s what they said:
- Great for working together with others on mission - Can do so much more together than we can do our own
- Great for fellowship getting to know each other and what others do
- Partnering together to bring the Good News of Jesus to the unreached people of the world
- MAP allows me to make great connections and network with others
- Prayer – As MAP partners we pray for each other
- To get to know other people involved in mission. This means I have support personally, prayerfully, relationally
- There is strength and blessing in unity
- It allows me to gain a platform to present our message in wider context of mission and partner with other like-minded, skilled and passionate people
- We share ideas, resources and to support one another in prayer
- To build God’s kingdom outside of our own empires
- Because of sense of competition decreases as spiritual unity and friendship increases
What are the benefits of MAP membership?
In addition to the above reasons given by our members when an agency joins MAP their membership allows them to:
- Big Map - Each year four MAP meetings per year which are held which all members are encouraged to attend. These meetings are designed to provide agencies with the space to pray, to network, to build relationships and partnerships and to receive regular teaching and training designed to help workers in their role.
- Action Teams - Action teams allow agencies to work together on specific areas of interest. Action teams may cover areas such as Church Relations, Training, Youth & Children, Student Engagement, Conferences, Cross Cultural events, Promotion and Member Care.
- Relationships With Churches - Churches are often confused by the number of agencies and unsure how to engage with them. We have guidelines to help mission agencies and churches work together in partnership, each respecting and affirming the role of the other.
- Promotion - All members have their organisation’s details listed on the MAP website. The MAP website allows all agencies to put up their own events, job/mission opportunities, prayer points and contact details. In addition to this agencies are also promoted through MAP's social media and quarterly e-newsletter.
- Exhibiting - MAP members have opportunity to exhibit at a range of events throughout the year, e.g. New Horizon
- MAP CU Nights - The Student Engagement action team has a link with the Christian Unions of all six universities in N.I. and together they partner together to build missions into their yearly programme. Every year an evening is planned where MAP members exhibit at each CU and are given the opportunity to chat with the students. Due to limited space at some of the universities MAP membership does not guarantee a place.
- Christian Vocations - MAP members receive 20% discount when advertising vacancies with Christian Vocations and when advertising mission opportunities in Serve short-term and iServe.
- Insurances and Group Life Cover - MAP members have access to special travel and medical insurance schemes, insurances to enable compliance with the Package Travel Regulations, as well as a unique Group Life Assurance scheme with especially favourable terms for overseas workers.
- Training - MAP members benefit from discounted prices for any training events ran or facilitated by MAP.
The annual MAP Membership cost depends of the assessable income of your organisation. Further information can be found here.
If you would like to know more about MAP membership or, if you would like to register your interest to join then please submit your name and email address below and the MAP co-ordinator will be in touch with you.