European Mission Fellowship
EMF has worked in Europe for over 60 years, now supporting over 45 missionaries or missionary couples working in 15 countries in Europe, and has an outstanding history in evangelism, church planting, training and supporting church leaders. But our approach is distinctive in a number of ways:
- Committed to historic Biblical Christianity: EMF is committed to reformed evangelical Christianity, and at the heart of all we do is the gospel of God’s grace.
- Working through local churches: We love the local church – we believe there’s never been a greater need for churches which are Christ-centred, Gospel-driven, theologically solid, culturally connected and pastorally engaged.
- Supporting Indigenous workers: We predominately support workers who belong to the community they are reaching (over 80% of EMF missionaries are indigenous to the culture). They know the language, culture and traditions.
- Planting and growing churches: Our primary focus, under the Lord’s hand, is to see the planting of new evangelical churches in Europe and building up existing churches, often through training and supporting leaders. But our activities extend beyond this to publishing, children’s work and short-term mission.
- Enabling partnership between churches: Our aim is to enable churches in the UK and beyond with a heart for European mission to partner the missionaries and their churches, with an ever-growing richness in fellowship.
- Committed for the long term: We are committed to working with local churches for the long-term growth of the evangelical church in the community. We have supported many of our missionaries for over 30 years of service, and now are seeing the next generation of missionaries coming from these Christian fellowships.