Resources for children and young people
MAP exists to serve you as you inspire children and young people about God's heart for mission.
MAP have designed and organised a number mission programmes and events focusing on different aspects of mission and we can do the same for you. These programmes can also be tailored to be part of your existing youth or church programme with representatives from MAP available to come and facilitate. To find out more about what we can offer read on or, contact our Coordinator, Tim Parks email email@example.com
How can churches inspire children and young people to pray for the world, understand key issues affecting the global church and get involved in mission? We have tried to bring together some helpful resources, events and materials for young people.
- Youth Group and Childrens activities - Nothing is better than learning by activity and experience – some ideas to inspire.
- Global Prayer Diary - a daily world prayer guide (available for download or subscription)
- Download a series of lesson plans teaching children about mission called 'Mission Zone' which was created by Child Evangelism Fellowship.
- This childrens resource from CMSI is specially produced each year for Sunday schools and youth groups in Ireland. It provides original and creative material for at least four sessions with four different age groups.It’s an ideal resource for churches who want to encourage a greater interest in global mission.
- If you want up to date creative ideas, games, resources and lesson plans for your Sunday School or Children's programme then check out this blog
- 52 - A free monthly resource to take you on a journey of discovery through the Bible in 2021.Discipleship Tools
WALK WITH ME is a tool for churches and organisations with a passion to see young people stepping closer to Jesus.
It includes an app and enables them to support young people, aged 14+, to meet in ones or twos with a committed Christian for an hour every couple of weeks to catch up, discuss the bible, and pray.
- Around The World in 60 Minutes (Children and Youth)
This Biblical, inspiring and motivational programme offers a virtual tour of other peoples and places, giving them a better sense of what is happening across the world today, and informing them about World Religions.
This programme includes teaching, drama, games and activities.
- What’s my Purpose in Life? (Youth)
Do you ever wonder why you are here? Would you like to know more about how God can use you to reach others for Him?
This programme is designed to help young people find out more about the gifts God has given them and to help them consider His calling on their life. Using the Christian Vocations Gifting Questionnaire we are available to work with young people and youth groups to help them explore their future.
- Experience It! (Youth)
This programme puts your young people in the shoes of others around the world. As it runs, they will find out what it would be like if they were:
- Trafficked – stolen, sold, abused.
- Deaf – isolated, unemployable, on the margin of society.
- Persecuted – No church, no Bible, no hope?
Attendees will also hear stories of people who are working with people and situations like these.
- MAP Mini Series (Youth)
A short series (4-6 weeks) of interactive, magazine style events which includes videos, activities, games and teaching. These can be tailored to suit your youth group .
- God’s Heart for Mission
- Mission Through the Bible
- God’s Global Perspective
- The World on our Doorstep
- Islam and other Religion
- Persecution, Fear and Faith
- Human Trafficking
- I Wanna do Something!
- Unreached Peoples
- Europe: The Forgotten Continent
- Is Short – Term mission for you?
- What’s God’s Purpose for my Life?
- God’s Digital World
- Girls Allowed
- Standing for Justice
- Love Latin America
MAP Agency Resources
MAP can also link you to the right agency or agencies who can help you more specifically in your role, provide you with speakers, resources, videos and ideas. Some of these agencies are listed below or visit the MAP directory.
Interested in finding out more? If so, then please fill in the MAP Enquiry Form or email our Tim Parks, MAP Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org