The Methodist World Church Relationships
The Methodist Church has been involved in world mission for over 250 years since the first Methodist congregation outside the British and Irish Isles was formed in 1759 in Antigua. Today the WCR team are involved in global mission in many ways including:
• Working alongside people in other cultures and countries as mission partners.
• Offering opportunities for short term service overseas.
• Encouraging churches here and overseas to form twinning relationships.
• Sharing resources for mission, ministry and church growth.
• Producing resources to enable informed prayer and learning of people and places where a first-hand encounter is not possible.
• Working alongside different groups within the Methodist Church and ecumenically to ensure a global perspective is embedded throughout the church’s activities.