Covid-19 and Christian Vocations
POSTING JOB ADVERTS
Please note that posting job adverts with Christian Vocations is currently continuing as normal. Please just submit your job online and we will do the rest - choose what type of job posting by visiting our Advertise with us section (or choosing a link from the menu on the left of this page).
HOW TO CONTACT CHRISTIAN VOCATIONS DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK
In line with the latest government advice Christian Vocations – a ministry of Global Connections – has had to temporarily close the office. Core business operations will continue as normal where possible and staff are working remotely and have access to files and emails; please note that access to some information may be limited and so there may be a delay to some requests. Email is the best form of contact but if your query is urgent, please call the office on 01926 487755 and leave a voicemail. Someone will be monitoring the voicemail and will contact you as soon as able.
Who should I email?
UK jobs, UK voluntary positions, or short-term and long-term mission opportunities
Please note that two of our team are currently on furlough and so we apologise for any inconvenience caused if there is a slight delay in responding to your email.
If you have any queries relating to your advert please email Sandy Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Exhibitions (Spring Harvest, the Keswick Convention etc.)
For any questions or issues relating to Christian Vocations Exhibitions, please contact Jo Jowett – email@example.com
Publications - iServe or SERVE short-term
For any questions relating to Christian Vocations publications, please contact Jo Jowett – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re still not sure who to contact (or you don't get a reply)
Please email email@example.com and your email will be forwarded to the most appropriate member of the team.
WE WANT TO SUPPORT YOU
In order to help both jobseekers and Christian organisations / churches during this difficult time, we are adding extra information to our website regularly just now. Do check back for the latest updates:
Helpful advice for jobseekers
- Working remotely - many workers are currently being plunged into homeworking for the first time - here are some hints and tips to help you adjust.
- Preparing for a skype or video interview - given the current situation, your interview is potentially likely to take place virtually. Here are some links to helpful resources to help you prepare.
Helpful advice for recruiters and employers
The legal situation is changing from day to day, and these sources of information are being updated regularly:
- Responding to the coronavirus: a wide range of CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development) information, guidance and links to external resources - freely accessible to all and updated regularly.
- ACAS has also published some useful advice for employers and employees which is updated daily.
- Claim for your employees' wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme: Find out if you’re eligible and how much you can claim to cover wages for employees on temporary leave ('furlough') due to coronavirus (COVID-19), at GOV.UK.
- Coronavirus - Ebriefings and updates: a complication of recent Ebriefings and advice from Global Connections members Anthony Collins.
- Covid-19: Guidance for employers and businesses: Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy and Public Health England, 25 February 2020.
- Sandy Adirondack (Governance and legal information for voluntary organisations) sends some helpful updates via email. You can sign up to receive Sandy Adirondack’s e-bulletins with helpful information relating to Covid-19 here.
- Global Connections members Bates Wells hosted a webinar recently on key legal issues for charities to consider in light of the coronavirus situation. Listen to the webinar for important and useful information that may affect you during this time of uncertainty, including information relating to the Job Retention Scheme.
- For further information as to how the government’s advice affects Global Connections, please click here.
We aim to reopen the office as soon as possible but due to the changing nature of advice from the government we are unable to state a specific date. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.
We appreciate that the situation is confusing and frustrating at this time and we want to thank you for your patience and understanding. We know that nothing is impossible for God so please join us in praying for an end to this outbreak. Special thanks to our members SIM for the helpful prayer points they have produced to guide us in prayer. We will regularly be praying as a staff team for the crisis, our members and all those affected by the impact of this virus.