UK voluntary opportunities
What is volunteering?
- Volunteering is an activity that someone does freely, by choice, at their convenience
- Volunteering is unpaid (except for reimbursement of expenses incurred whilst volunteering, e.g. food, drink, travel or any equipment you need to buy)1
- Volunteering is not contractual (volunteers can have a volunteering agreement and a role description - to clarify expectations on both sides, but not a contract of employment and a job description)
- Volunteers can receive training and development appropriate to their role
Christian Vocations reserves the right to refuse to advertise any opportunity that, from our perspective, does not meet these requirements.
- Advertising for volunteers is £20 for Global Connections members and £25 per opportunity for others.
- Voluntary positions are registered for up to 90 days.
- Voluntary positions are publicised on this website, emailed to individuals specifically seeking voluntary opportunities, and featured in one edition of Jobfile.
VAT is 0% for churches and other charities registered in the UK.