A covering letter doesn't just support your CV – it's an opportunity for you to stand out, to signpost your strengths and explain why you are one of the best candidates applying for the job. It is more than just a polite introduction - it is important to get it right.
- How to write a cover letter - a great video short from Guardian jobs, outlining tone of voice and content and other helpful tips.
- Your complete guide to writing a cover letter for 2019 - a great video detailing how to write the perfect cover letter for 2019.
- How to Write a Cover Letter: The All-Time Best Tips - To make sure your letter is in amazing shape (and crafting it is as painless as possible), we’ve brought the best advice on writing a cover letter into one place.
- How to Write a Winning Cover Letter - advice on what you should and shouldn't do when writing a cover letter for a charity job.
- How to write a cover letter - a Guardian Jobs step-by-step guide to writing a successful cover letter.
- Covering letter no-nos - by avoiding the following no-nos, you can create a covering letter that stands out from the crowd.
- Three excellent cover letter examples - if you need some inspiration on what to include and what format to use, here are some helpful guides.
- Write a cover letter that makes recruiters smile - a comprehensive set of tips to help you produce the cover letter that does more than catch a recruiter’s eye.
- How to write an engaging cover letter for the Third Sector - Neville Rose (CV Writers) on how to write a compelling cover letter for not-for-profit roles.
- Cover letter template - a helpful template from Guardian Jobs to get you started.