How can you prepare well for an interview? This section includes information on how to answer some of the most common interview questions, how to prepare for competency-based questions, and advice on handling your nerves.
- How to answer the ten most common interview questions - excellent 4-minute video from Guardian Jobs.
- How to use the STAR technique - have you ever been caught off guard with a question in an interview? A competency-based question could well have been the culprit. This short video outlines how to prepare to answer such questions in a clear and structured way.
Articles and blogs
- How to get a job in the new normal - many of the steps for how to get a job are the same as before Covid-19. However, there are some additional things to bear in mind when you’re preparing. This blog post from Future learn also links to some excellent free short courses to help you as you prepare.
- How to master a Skype interview - here are some considerations to help you embrace technology and master a Skype interview.
- Top tips for Skype interviews - although people are used to being on video to family and friends, with a potential employer on the other end there are a few things you need to think about.
- 13 Skype interview tips - whilst preparation is important for any job interview, Skype interviews differ and require careful thought to ensure no difficulties occur during the call.
- How to prepare for Skype and video interviews - these types of interview should be taken as seriously as any other interview, so here are some tips to help you prepare.
- How to nail an unexpected phone interview - not sure where to start? Here are top tips from CharityJob for smashing your next (unexpected) phone interview.
- How to handle interview nerves - some tips for reducing the potential of nerves getting the better of you, and how to handle them if they do.
- The hardest job interview questions (and how to answer them!) - the way you answer the questions matters as much as your experience.
- The one question to ask at interview - asking this one question should help you gain a real picture, a true insight, into the organisation.
- Questions you should definitely ask in an interview - when an interviewer asks if you have any questions for them, it’s your chance to truly shine.
- 6 tips to help you nail your charity job interview - some tips to help you leave a great impression before, during and after your interview.