How can you prepare well for an interview? This section includes information on how to answer some of the most common interview questions, how to prepare for competency-based questions, and advice on handling your nerves.
- How to answer the ten most common interview questions - excellent 4-minute video from Guardian Jobs.
- How to use the STAR technique - have you ever been caught off guard with a question in an interview? A competency-based question could well have been the culprit. This short video outlines how to prepare to answer such questions in a clear and structured way.
Articles and blogs
- How to master a Skype interview - a virtual interview over the internet is not the same as one face to face and you need to prepare accordingly.
- Top tips for Skype interviews - although people are used to being on video to family and friends, with a potential employer on the other end there are a few things you need to think about.
- 13 Skype interview tips - whilst preparation is important for any job interview, Skype interviews differ and require careful thought to ensure no difficulties occur during the call.
- How to prepare for Skype and video interviews - these types of interview should be taken as seriously as any other interview, so here are some tips to help you prepare.
- How to handle interview nerves - some tips for reducing the potential of nerves getting the better of you, and how to handle them if they do.
- The hardest job interview questions (and how to answer them!) - the way you answer the questions matters as much as your experience.
- The one question to ask at interview - asking this one question should help you gain a real picture, a true insight, into the organisation.
- Questions you should definitely ask in an interview - when an interviewer asks if you have any questions for them, it’s your chance to truly shine.
- 6 tips to help you nail your charity job interview - some tips to help you leave a great impression before, during and after your interview.