Emmanuel School Walsall
The vision of Emmanuel School is to see pupils who:
- Love the Lord God with all their heart, soul and strength
- Love others
- Are eager to learn and fulfil their academic potential
- Recognise their abilities, gifts and passions and are encouraged to develop them fully
- Go out and make a positive difference in the communities in which they live, work, worship and play.
And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully.
Ephesians 3 v 18 - 19
As a Christian School, our desire is to not only teach our pupils well so that they reach their academic potential but also to teach them how much they are loved by God. In the passage above, the apostle Paul is praying that the Ephesian people would understand the true extent of God’s love for them as it is only when we realise God’s great love for us that we can fully love Him and love others.
In today’s society, we believe that it has never been more important to impress upon our pupils the need to respect, love and show genuine tolerance towards all of mankind. We believe that our pupils will grow into loving, tolerant, effective, genuine and respectful adults when they truly grasp how much they are loved by God.
Method and Heart
We seek to achieve this vision by and through:
- Faith in God and prayer
- A staff team who are committed Christians determined to be the best they can be for God’s glory and the good of the pupils and who by their lives act as a positive example to the pupils.
- Encouraging full and active involvement from everyone within the school community as they are able and also building links with our local communities and drawing partners to work with us in our school.
- Working with inspectors and appropriate agencies to ensure we meet legal criteria and the requirements of the authorities over us.
- Our 20 20 vision gives pupils the chance to explore their skills and passions and allows opportunity within the timetable to develop these.
- We provide a broad and balanced curriculum that equips our young people to live as good citizens in twenty-first century Britain.