Nazarene Compassionate Ministries, Inc
To respond to and prevent human suffering resulting from poverty and disaster. The NCMI tag – “Challenged by Faith to end Poverty,” expresses its mission to respond to the causes as well as the results of poverty as an expression of the Christian faith as understood and practiced by members of the Church of the Nazarene.
NCMI is an intermediary, bringing human needs and resources together to advance the relief and development mission of the Church of the Nazarene through NCM. This is accomplished by:
- Acquiring government, foundation, and corporate support as well as financial and in-kind contributions from individual donors—who are unlikely to give directly to the denomination—to contribute (including GIK) through NCMI to support NCM identified needs and projects as designed and directed by NCM Leadership Structure.
- Creating awareness among foundations, corporations, US government agencies and the broader faith-based community by telling the story of the commitment of the C/N to respond to human suffering caused by poverty and disaster.
- Continuing a leadership role to initiate conversations with NCM and the field offices regarding trends, needs and the availability of global resources.
- Building the capacity of local congregations, NGOs and FBOs through technical assistance, consulting and coaching to serve those in need.
- Monitoring and evaluating projects to guarantee that donor funded projects meet their stated and agreed upon goals and objectives.
- Measuring the effectiveness as well as the outcomes of projects.
- Identifying new, innovative methods of addressing the conditions that either create or perpetuate poverty.