Pregnancy Centres Network
We have applied to become a Foundation Charitable Incorporated Organisation, set up to support pregnancy centres practising with a Christian ethos in a number of ways. These include facilitating communication with regular newsletters and an annual conference; setting up an expert advisory group; providing information about and access to training; encouraging mutual prayer support.
We began in response to demand from leaders of local pregnancy centres, which mostly operate as independent local charities run by boards of Trustees. They have indicated to us that the following activities will be useful for them.
- We will facilitate meetings between centres at a regional level to encourage one another and to pray for the work of each centre.
- We will provide spiritual encouragement to the centres as well as relevant spiritual resources.
- We will organise a national conference to create a sense of common purpose and to inform volunteers of latest developments nationally.
- We will produce regular news bulletins to maintain up-to-date thinking in the centres.
- We will respond to requests from centres for guidance regarding good governance or good practice.
- We will research and disseminate information and studies concerning international trends in the way pregnancy choices care is delivered.
- We will co-ordinate information regarding relevant training courses and materials.
- We will assist centres with ideas for marketing their services, including the use of the internet.
- We will offer centres guidance for fund-raising.
- We will encourage the emergence of new centres in areas of the country where there is currently no provision of suitable services.
- We may assist the general public with signposting to local centres.
- We may explore the feasibility of interacting with the public via a telephone helpline or an online service.