St Andrew's C of E Nottingham/1st Nottingham Boys' Brigade & Girls' Association/Jericho Road Project
St Andrew’s has a very diverse inner-city parish situated at the junction of four community areas, immediately north of the city’s main shopping area. The church building is at the centre of a red light district that has featured in more than one TV documentary series, but is also on the very edge of the affluent Mapperley Park Conservation Area. The church is also one of the most visible churches on the skyline of the city, situated at the junction of Mapperley Park, St Ann’s, the Arboretum area, Carrington and Forest Fields. Both the church and vicarage are listed buildings.The vicarage is situated next to the church building, adjoining a flat (1a Chestnut Grove) that is used by the Jericho Road Project outreach to sex workers and incorporates a bedroom and prayer room. The flat is beside and above the church hall, known as the St Andrew’s Community Hall.St Andrew's is home to the 1st Nottingham Boys'Brigade and Girls' Association a uniformed organisation for girls and boys aged 5-17 years.
The Boys' Brigade and The Girls' Association is a National Christian youth organisation committed to providing a safe environment in which boys, girls and young people can develop socially and emotionally towards mature adulthood with a sense of values which benefit the communities in which they live.
Only five years after its founding in Glasgow, The Boys’ Brigade came to Nottingham. The first Company was started at St. Andrew’s Church in October 1888 and was here until 1999. We restarted in September 2013 to include girls as well as boys for ages 5-17.